Monday, August 8, 2011

Laughter

Today's word is laughter because I have found that has become one of my favorite defining attributes. I don't know if other people see me as someone who laughs often, but I think I do, and I'm glad I do.

Last night I went to Kennywood with friends, and realized that instead of screaming on rides, I tend to break into nonstop laughter. Maybe it's nerves, or maybe it's something else. Maybe I have been taught by wonderful people in my life that laughing at yourself and the situations around you is often the best way to cope. Maybe that lesson and the joy in my life make laughter my most natural response. And it's important for me to remember that while laughter may come from joy, joy often comes from laughter.

I know I am lucky to have so many reasons to laugh, and luckier still that I have faith, relationships, and a lifetime of experiences that keep me laughing, even if just at myself.

No comments: