Friday, August 5, 2011

Freedom

Today's word is freedom. I am doing a 30-day prayer thing right now and freedom was today's theme. Like so many words, freedom means different things to different people. Those of us with wealth may see freedom as the luxury to choose what to do with our time, where to go, or whom to be with. Those under oppressive regimes, incarcerated, or suffering from disease would see freedom as a dire, constant need and struggle. Freedom is typically something I take for granted, and may even see as an annoyance-- too many options, too many choices to make. What a ridiculous thought! Today I will be thankful for the freedoms in my life, and think of ways I can use the opportunities I am given to fight for the freedoms of others. Freedom of movement, freedom of choice, freedom of spirit, economic freedom, domestic freedom, and so much more...

...may we all someday be free...

No comments: